The main advantage that board software has is the high level of protection of corporate data, which is ensured by a large number of security mechanisms. These features have made board software so popular among users around the world. But if you think that the mere declaration of digital protection that a virtual board portal provides is not enough, we suggest you learn a little more about boardroom software security.
What data security features does the board portal provide?
We’ve already pointed out that board software provides strong protection for the sensitive data companies use in their day-to-day operations. Specifically, many vendors offer the following solutions to keep corporate data secure:
- Tiered access. It is not enough to enter only your username and password to enter the virtual room. Some providers also offer an additional mechanism for user authentication, for instance, by sending messages with a one-time access code.
- User activity log. Some virtual room dashboards have options for recording and tracking the actions of each user. Such security measures make it possible to track the time of visits, the duration of the session, and the actions that were performed through a particular account.
- Encryption systems. Every time someone attempts to gain unauthorized access to documents containing sensitive information, the security system sends a message to the administrator, and mechanisms for automatically blocking and encrypting the page data are activated.
- Role assignment for users. The option to assign roles to each account also ensures a high level of corporate data protection. Each user is granted a certain set of rights for access and use of individual documents, which allows them to protect the most important documents for the company.
- Re-identification of lost devices. Board portals allow you to access documents from any device, but the risk remains that such devices can be lost. However, this has no effect on the status of the user’s account – access can be restored in a few simple steps. If, however, you are worried about the security of the data such a device may provide, it can be remotely wiped.
- Virtual data protection in the cloud. For maximum data security, companies put their data in cloud storage that only registered users can access. In addition, cloud technologies can additionally leverage data protection mechanisms, such as scanning user activity or file contents for malicious elements.
- Data structuring. Partitioning data into smaller, structured units can also help ensure a high level of corporate data protection. This not only makes it easier to find the information you need, but also ensures that the more important information is kept separate from the nonessential documents.
If you still feel that virtual boardrooms are not for your company, you should reconsider your position. After all, the demand for virtual rooms is growing every day and gradually the entire business world will move to virtual collaboration. So if you do not want to lag behind progress – it is high time to find the ideal solution for your company.